Garden Planning

Garden Chores

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What is Going on in My Garden

We are still painting away but, I have done a lot in the garden before this week to keep on schedule during this busy week. So, here is a recap of what I have been up to:

3/9/10:
I sowed lettuce, peppers, marigold and basil. The lettuce is sprouting:



and so are the marigold:


3/17/10:
I had planted some peas directly into the garden on St. Patrick's Day. This was the first time I have tried this so early in our Wisconsin spring. So, wish me luck with these.

I also turned my compost and although it is very "leafy" there is some really great black gold in there!! I can't wait to get started!!

3/19/10:
I started the tomato seeds today! They tested well so, I am looking forward to a good crop this year:-)

10 comments:

Braley Mama said...

Yay for fresh veggies:O) Good job mama!

cat said...

Suz, I bow down to a better person than me. You rock.

Candi said...

Wow! Everything looks awesome! I think I started my tomato seeds too early. Out of the 48 I started with, I think might end up with 12 good ones for the ground. I just get too excited and want to get started. Maybe I should plan to do that with lettuce and peas LOL! Thanks for linking up!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

You have the greenest thumb!!!

McVal said...

Wow! Good job! Not sure if a garden is in my plans this year...

Alicia said...

How awesome to see the fruit of your labor!

Melissa B. said...

As always, I'm jealous of your ingenuity and stick-to-it-tive-ness! I've still got to get out and clean up the mess that winter left in my yard...

Midday Escapades said...

You've been busy! Do you freelance your services? I definitely don't have a green thumb.

mommytoalot said...

Looking good Susie.
I am still determined that my hubby let me do a little garden of my own this year.

Alea said...

Wow, you are off to an early start for a Wisconsin spring! Blessings on a bountiful harvest this year!

Post a Comment

Susie's Homemade ECookbook

 
Powered by Blogger