Garden Planning

Garden Chores

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fancy Mailboxes

Part of the outdoor landscape includes hardscaping like stones and patios and things like that. But, it also includes your Mailbox. Now, here in Wisconsin, our mail boxes take a licking. Every winter, the snowplows come out and leave a battlefield of Mailbox carnage in their wake. Many homeowners take this opportunity to upgrade their formerly erect pillars of correspondence receptacles. And there are many options!

You can go from this:
To this:

Or show some personality with this:
Or go all ostentatious like this (my personal favorite):



No matter which way you chose to go, make sure that the design you choose fails under the guidelines of your particular area. Some subdivisions have very specific restrictions on creativity when it comes to the curbside appeal of your home.

And, if that darned snow plow threatens your mail box again, you can always do this:

9 comments:

mommytoalot said...

Oh my are those ever cute. I'm sure my hubby, a letter carrier would love to see some variety.

Melissa B. said...

After all the snow we had this past winter, a post office box sounds like the way to go...

blueviolet said...

I've never had a mailbox with character to it. I have a boring one! Those are kinda neat.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I love the last one! Very fancy.

EmmaP said...

i wish i had a fancy mailbox. one day =D

Jingle said...

I love fancy mailboxes, but we don't have one!! We live in an apartment complex, so we have the standard multi boxes outside. My last house had a door slot and the one before that had a neighborhood metal multibox, so I've NEVER had a cute mailbox! It makes me a little sad! LOL!

Alicia said...

LOL @ the P.O. boxes!

Midday Escapades said...

Actually, I wish we had mailboxes to even think of options. We have to go down the street to get our mail.

Debbie said...

Ours just looks like trashy people live here - kinda falling over and nasty. Oh well!

Post a Comment

Susie's Homemade ECookbook

 
Powered by Blogger